2 International Study Tours
Earn Your MBA and Travel the World
Why are International Study Tours Important?
Global competition requires global knowledge. As the world continues to get more connected, businesses of all shapes and sizes are finding new opportunities and competition. International experience is a valuable asset to any organization, the global perspective you receive on these tours will give you a unique toolset that his highly sought after.
“The Jack Welch of the future cannot be like me. I spent my entire career in the United States. The next head of [General Electric] will be somebody who spent time in Bombay, in Hong Kong, in Buenos Aires.”
– Jack Welch, Former CEO of General Electric, commenting on the importance of international experience
Why are there 2 International Study Tours?
We want to give students more exposure to the international business community. We also want to allow students to experience a “before and after” comparison of their study tours. A result of going on one tour towards the beginning of the program, and one tour towards the end of the program is that students will have a more comprehensive understanding of how their education can be applied to business.
“Prior to becoming an academic, I spent many years as a marketing executive in a variety of companies and organizations all over the globe. I know the importance of gaining an international perspective to be competitive in today’s business world. That’s why we created this 1 Year International Program. I have taken hundreds of students on business study tours, and I am confident that our MBA students will not only form amazing relationships on these tours, but also gain a global perspective that will help their careers take flight.”
– Dr. Elad Granot, Dean and Professor of Marketing, Dauch College of Business & Economics
August 2017 Cohort International Study Tour Experience:
For this cohort, we are going to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hong Kong; Prague, Czech Republic; and Barcelona, Spain. Detailed itineraries will be available shortly.
You can view details about the January 2017 cohort’s International Study Tours below to get a glimpse of what to expect.
The first tour in Prague began March 4, 2017 and ended March 11, 2017. Over the course of 6 days, students had the opportunity to explore the city, learn first-hand from business executives, participate in immersive cultural events, and tour businesses. Some highlights of the tour included:
- Socio-economic overview of the Czech Republic: Post-communist heritage vs. current challenges
- Corporate visits: Students watched management presentations, participated in case studies, discussions and toured the Prague facilities of some of the world’s leading companies. Companies included:
- Parker Hannifin
- Ogilvy Group
- and more
- Guided tours of Prague with Immersion activities:
- Tour 1: Students discovered the magical “city of a hundred spires,” walked through its fairy-tale small lanes and explored its major landmarks including Old Town Square and its astronomical clock, Wenceslas Square and Charles Bridge.
- Tour 2: Students toured Prague Castle, and walked through centuries of the largest coherent castle complex in the world including Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, and Prague’s ancient symbol St. Vitus Cathedral
Like us on Facebook to follow the cohort on their study tours.